Professional Development Committee Information
John Lestino and
PDC Meetings are typically held at the NJEA building in Trenton.
Professional Development and GPR committees model collaboration!
Featured Professional Development Opportunities
Scroll down to see Professional Development Opportunities...
Resources for the NJ School Psychologist
A series of practice resources devoted to the role of the school psychologist
Check out the first in a series of practice resources devoted to the role of the school psychologist.
The Role of the School Psychologist in Behavior Assessment and Consultation
Earn a Certificate in Instruction for Social-Emotional Learning and Character Development
Rutgers University is pleased to announce a two-day training that can lead to a Certificate in Instruction for Social-Emotional Learning and Character Development.
- Dates: Wednesday, June 5th and Thursday, June 6th
- Time: 8:30-3:30pm
- Location: Douglass Campus Center, Meeting Room B, Rutgers University. 100 George St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
This training is offered through the Academy for Social-Emotional Learning in Schools – a partnership of the College of Saint Elizabeth and Rutgers University’s Social-Emotional and Character Development (SECD) Lab.
This unique, non-credit program offers all educational staff, school mental health professionals and those working in afterschool programs the opportunity to:
- Acquire a foundation of knowledge and research about the relationship between academic achievement and SEL competencies
- Learn how to build students’ social-emotional and character development (SECD) skills and mindsets
- Develop skill in pedagogical strategies to integrate SECD principles into all aspects of teaching
Upon successful completion of the two-day training, participants will have the OPTION to complete an online, 18-week practicum to earn the SECD certificate. Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging arrangements/costs. Registration is limited to 40 participants so don’t delay!
For additional details and registration, click here