NJASP Mission Statement
Advocate for all children to realize their full potential
Promote school psychological services for children and families.
Advocate for Children
- Research and disseminate best practices.
- Advocate for early intervention and prevention programs.
- Promote moral-ethical values.
- Enhance equal educational opportunities for all students.
- Encourage proper transition planning.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Coordinate core curriculum content standards with self-management skills.
- Increase funding for education.
- Influence and promote legislation to support education and mental health.
Support our Members
- Support research and grant writing.
- Maintain a network of communication and support.
- Provide training for members.
- Promote best practices.
- Promote understanding and respect for different cultures.
- Promote the NASP Practice Model
- Increase diversity among school psychologists.
- Develop recognition of school psychologists as qualified mental health professionals in the schools.
- Organize a committee for grant writing.
- Promote school psychologists as crisis intervention specialists.
Interact with the Community
- Increase awareness of multicultural issues.
- Encourage family involvement in child's education and school activities.
- Increase awareness of school psychological services.
- Collaborate with community organizations.
- Promote parent training to include developmental, educational and social/emotional issues.
- Promote profession and increase visibility to the community at large.
- Work collaboratively with professionals and professional groups within and outside the school.
- Consult with governmental agencies.
- Maintain awareness of programs in special needs districts.
- Expand public awareness of children's needs.
- Disseminate position papers to a variety of audiences.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Maintain and expand membership.
- Review constitution.
- Review executive board structure and function.
- Recruit and develop new leadership for the organization.
- Develop operations manual.
- Enhance regional operation through delegates.
- Self monitor.