- A non profit professional association organized in 1958 for school psychologists working or living in New Jersey.
- An organization governed by a voluntary Executive Board consisting of elected officers, appointed officers, and Committee chairs.
- NJASP is a Registered New Jersey Professional Development Provider #204.
- Publish and distribute a NJASP quarterly newsletter to members of The New Jersey Association of School Psychologists.
- Provide two state wide professional conferences in the winter and spring of each year, as well as regional meetings.
- Maintain NJASP Website (www.njasp.org) which includes information on current job opportunities, mental health service providers list, audio/visual lending library, and other information.
- Maintain a Listserv to inform members of legislative updates, advocacy, and other issues relevant to school psychologists.
- Promote an awareness of and providing assistance to members with ethical and professional issues.
- Develop, promote, and maintain relationships with government and professional organizations to establish sound legislation and public policy for children and youth New Jersey Department of Education, New Jersey Coalition of Child Study Teams, etc.)
- Develop, promote and maintain relationships with undergraduate and graduate students through the NJASP student organization (GUStO).
As a Member You Can Offer
YOUR SUPPORT - Members support NJASP's goals by attending conferences, voting and maintaining membership
YOUR TIME AND ENERGY - Members support NJASP's goals by sharing ideas and concerns with the Executive Board
YOUR PRESENCE - Members support NJASP's goals by active participation on Committees and on the Executive Board
For more information on becoming a member please follow the Membership link from the main menu.